{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: BBBBBRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <$BlogMetaData>


Sunday, February 04, 2007

BBBBBRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it was gonna be cold this week, but. . .jeezow! Even the local Rethuglicans will be BLUE! The official Aboite temperature at the time of this writing is -4. . .

The National Weather Service update for 46804-Fort Wayne, IN - 02/04-07:

Rest Of Tonight:
Partly cloudy. Lows around 5 below. West winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph.
Wind chill readings 15 below to 25 below zero.

Sunday:
Mostly cloudy. Chance of flurries. Highs around 6. West winds 10 to 20 mph.
Wind chill readings 14 below to 24 below zero.

Sunday Night:
Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 4 below. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph.
Wind chill readings 18 below to 27 below zero.

Monday:
Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 5. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Wind chill readings 17 below to 27 below zero.


Monday Night:
Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 4 below. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings around 21 below.


In December and January, our local high temps were averaging in the 40's and 50's. . . I guess Mother Nature felt a need to reassert herself! Seriously, the above forecast is NOT typical Indiana fare, even in a "normal" winter. Then again, neither were the 40-50 degree highs we experienced over the last couple of months. . .things have definately gone haywire here in the heartland. . .

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

Blogger Spadoman said...

16 below this morning at 6:00AM. We haven't had a cold spell like this in quite a while. When we have had cold weather the past few years, it is cold maybe one night or two in a row, at the most. This spell seems to be lasting for a while.

What part of the country are you in?

title="comment permalink">February 04, 2007 8:37 AM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

Nevermind. I see Ft. Wayne. Yep, cold there too!
I'm as far north in Wisconsin as you can go without stepping into Lake Superior, which is frozen solid now, enough that there is a designated road to Madeline Island, complete with cops with radar!

title="comment permalink">February 04, 2007 8:40 AM  
Blogger Undeniable Liberal said...

Minus six as I type. Think spring.

title="comment permalink">February 04, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Paddy said...

-8 when I left the house to get the paper an hour ago, with a -27 wind chill. ACK. (Thats Mishawaka by South Bend)

title="comment permalink">February 04, 2007 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first moved from Texas to Minnesota, and we had a cold snap like that, I thought to myself: My God what have I done? Stay warm.

title="comment permalink">February 04, 2007 3:47 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Ooh, Minnesota . . . I saw where the actual temp in Northern Minnesota this morning was -49°. I didn't check to see what the wind chill was, but I bet you wish you had a witch's tit or two to make it warmer.

title="comment permalink">February 04, 2007 5:25 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Oh, by the way, looks like we could be back up in the 30s by this time next week. Man, I hope Phil was right and we have an early spring. I HATE WINTER!!!!!

title="comment permalink">February 04, 2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Spado - Nice to see you here! My wife's from the other end of your state.

UL - I'd BEEN thinking spring until the last two weeks. . .

Paddy - Was the paper worth it today?

Kvatch - If I ever move again, I'd like to go home to SoCal if I could afford to live there now!

Robert - Brother, I'm with ya!

title="comment permalink">February 04, 2007 8:11 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Holy cow.
For me, temps like you're having would be like descending into hell. None of that fire & brimstone crap. Nope. Hell itself is freezing-ass cold.

title="comment permalink">February 05, 2007 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();