{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Random Thoughts <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, May 25, 2006

Random Thoughts

Everybody else has been doing this, so call me a late starter. . .

I like a constant temperature of 72 degrees. Today blew. If today was a preview, I vote we go straight to fall.

I got new glasses today. Now I can become disoriented by looking down or sideways. Beer causes the same effect for far less money.

Someday I'll finish framing and drywalling this basement. This basement is larger than our last house.

It stays 67 degrees down here year-round. On days like today, I really appreciate that.

I have a stocked lake in my backyard. I don't fish. Is that wrong?

I've driven V-8's for all but 6 years of my life. For all but 2 years of my life, gas was under $2 per gallon. Will I finally have to downgrade?

Looking at my collection, I appear to have roughly 1000 cd's. I can't say the last time I pulled one out and played it. Ditto for VHS and DVD's.

Taylor Hicks won American Idol last night. I haven't watched this season since the 3rd or 4th show, but remembered this guy. I thought he was good, but didn't have a chance. Glad I was wrong.

Sometimes Seattle seems like Alaska. You know who you are.

My friend who moved to Seattle refers to Fort Wayne as the "armpit of America". JQP will likely approve of that.

I planned on attending NLT for an hour or two early tonight. But. . I was tired, had to pick up the new specs, the lawn needed mowed, the kids needed retrieved. Am I a Yuppie? Does anyone still know what a Yuppie IS?

I friggin' HATE the fact that it's still daylight RIGHT NOW and will be for another hour. If you want to play golf til 10 at night move to wherever that naturally happens, but leave my clocks alone. *I* want to wind down and go to sleep at a normal hour.

My oldest daughter hates Mitch Daniels cause "he makes the sun stay up late and I can't get sleepy". God, I love her.

Earlier this week, my wife, upon discovering that we were out of coffee, arose at 4 AM to go purchase more so that I would have fresh brewed at 5:30. I love her dearly for that!

Osama Bin Laden knows he is safe from harm from the US, as long as he hides in countries that have no substantial oil reserves and Bush is in charge.

Bush always wanted to "out do" Daddy. Congrats on the latest polls, dumbass.

Aside from that, is there anything that duct tape and cable ties can't fix?



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Blogger John Burzynski said...

You are raising your kids right if they hate Mitch.

My 12 year old son saw a 'ditch Mitch' bumper sticker down the street and yelled his approval out our car window at the owner...you have to love the youth of today, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

title="comment permalink">May 25, 2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

My daughter carried on a full discussion with one of her peers at a sleep-over about why she dislikes Daniels. The other girl's parents called us laughing about it. =) (WHEW) lol

title="comment permalink">May 25, 2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kaduk said...

Yeah, kids are never too young to learn partisan hatred! Nice work, John. You must be very proud.

And yes, it's definitely wrong to NOT fish.

title="comment permalink">May 26, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger lemming said...

I vote for 78-82 during the day (hey, I like to swim) and 60 at night.

You're right about beer being cheaper, but using it to get dizzy means that I have to spend an extra hour exercising in order to fit into my clothes again. (sighs)

When Harry Trumanleft office, his poll ratings were at about the same level as GWB's latest. Today Truman is regarded with a certain respect and admiration by historians on all sides of the aisle. There's not a shred of doubt in my mind that if forced to give reasons other than the spiritual and patriotic for his policies, GWB would draw this comparison.

title="comment permalink">May 26, 2006 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();